The day of Clean Monday, also known as Pure Monday or Monday of Lent, is the first day of Great Lent in the Eastern Orthodox Christian church and refers to the leaving behind the sinful attitudes and non-fasting foods.
The day is a National holiday in Greece and is celebrated throughout the country with several customs. The day is also associated with outdoor excursions close to nature, seafood consumption and the widespread custom of flying kites.
Kinsterna Hotel has put together several activities, such as:
Saturday 25 February
- Archery for adults and children under 8 yrs old
Sunday 26 February
- Participation in making handmade soap by a local villager with spices and aromatic herbs from our gardens
- Archery for adults and children up to 8 yrs old
Clean Monday 27 February
- Baking traditional bread 'lagana' at the old stone oven accompanied by traditional lenten tastes
- Participation in the olive oil production at the old stone mill using traditional methods
- Demonstartion of making a traditional flying kite
Above activities are offered to our guests complimentary. The exact timetable is not finalised yet.Book This +