The traditions associated with May 1st were firstly mentioned in ancient Greece and it was to celebrate the coming of Spring and the blossoming of nature. Today a variety of festivities still take place in many countries around the world!
The celebration of May 1st is associated with people’s love and happiness for Spring, so one of the most well recognized customs, which is maintained until today, is the spring wreath weaving. Picking fresh wild flowers and nuts for such a purpose, strengthens a person’s connection with nature, as the modern way of life has driven them apart.
Kinsterna Hotel, within its 18-acre estate, is the ideal place to visit during the long May 1st weekend break and you will have the opportunity to enjoy the countryside, experience the traditions and explore the surrounding environment as well as the beauties of the region.
This specially designed experience for the celebration of Springtime includes the following added values:
- 3 nights’ accommodation for 2
- BBQ meal for 2 (drinks are excluded)
- Participation in the making of handmade soap by using spices and aromatic herbs from the gardens of the Kinsterna
- Spring wreath weaving from wild flowers found around the mansion’s estate
- Late check out, upon request & availability
- Traditional Greek breakfast for 2
Package price starts from 520€ per double room for 2.
The offer is valid for 3 nights minimum stay, during the period 28/04-01/05/2017, for limited number of rooms, including the above services for 2 persons and taxes. Offers cannot be combined.Book This +